Windows 8 is the latest addition in the OS family by Microsoft. This operating system is no doubt advanced and features like multitasking and others are really nice. But it do lacks some aspects which should have rather inherited from its previous OS. From the very beginning we have been using Start Menu and now are really habitutated to it. However Start Menu in Windows 8 is missing which somehow affects it usability as users now have to figure other way round for the owrl done by the Start Menu.
I have been browsing over the internet for a while now to find any option to enable this Start Menu. I have sorted out six best posssible ways to get back Start Menu in Windows 8.
Six possible ways to get back our very own Start Menu
• The Classic Shell - This is a collection of usability enhancements for Windows.
- Completely customizable start menu (multiple styles and skins options)
- Start button for Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Toolbar and status bar for Windows Explorer/Internet Explorer
• The Start8
Start8 is not free to use as classic shell.and you will need to purchase it for log term use. However this start screen is completely dedicated to Windows 8 so if you can afford to pay 4.99$ then this is truely the best options for you.
• The IObit Start Menu 8
IObit Start Menu 8 is also based on the Windows 8 Platform and is free of cost. Other than the options of Start Button and Start Menu it has also got the option to avoid booting to the metro Ui and thus users can directly boot on the desktop just as it used to be in Windows 7.
• Create your own start menu
If you don’t want to use any kind of software for this purpose then you may create your own start menu with the help of windows taskbar.
- Go on the taskbar and right click at the free space
- then select the option of Toolbars and then select New Toolbar option.
- It will ask you to locate the folder. Whichever folder you will select can now be access from the taskbar and all the contents of that folder can be seen by clicking on the folder name in taskbar.
• The Pokki
With this you can find and open your programs or whatever you wish with one click on The Pokki start button. You can also search and organize your apps and websites on your screen.
• The Vistart Menu
Vistart Menu is yet another option which you can go for. It offers features like custom skins, buttons and many others. It is also compatible with previous versions of OS such as Windows 7, Vista and XP.
Get your Start Menu Working on Windows 8… Comment if you have got some other awesome ways to enable Start Menu in Windows 8.