How to move apps to external SD card? This is the most bothering question most of the smartphone owners have. Especially those who have just 4GB of internal memory or so and the user accessible memory is even lower. We know android Play Store is full of amazing apps for us. But its of no use if we don’t have space in our smartphone to install them.
I am owning the very famous Galaxy Grand Duos. Even though I have 8 GB of internal memory still my curiosity to install many apps and try them out left me with very low space in my internal memory. So I figured out a simple and very easy way to move apps to external sd card in Galaxy Grand Duos.
This might work with most of the smartphone running on the JellyBean version 4.2. As this is not a feature by the handset manufacturer Samsung. This is simple inbuilt feature of Android to move apps to external SD card.
We have apps for transferring apps to external SD card in Galaxy S4 via App2SD. There are several other apps as well but some of them required rooted phones and personally I don’t feel like rooting my smartphone as of now. Some of the apps which were though available but either didn’t worked correctly or worked with some or the other performance issues.
So I tried on figuring out a way in my smartphone.
Seeing that many people were facing a lot of problems after the Android 4.2.2 update, Samsung recently released another update to solve all those issue. head over to this link to know more.
Related : Android 4.2.2 Stability Update released
Also Read : Get Android 4.4 Launcher ON Galaxy Grand Duos
PLZ upgrade it as fast as possible for better performance of your device.
Also Read : Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos With Android 4.3
Requirements to move apps from phone to external SD card.
You don’t need any advanced app, you don’t need to root your smartphone, you just need your Galaxy Grand Duos and you are ready to move apps to external SD card.
How to Move apps to external SD card. (Galaxy Grand Duos)
- Head over to the settings option
- Now navigate through it and find Application Manager.
- Once you open it, you will get the list of the apps you have downloaded. To see the running apps and all the apps on your galaxy grand duos, you can swipe sideways.
- On the downloaded list, select any of the app and then click on it.
- Scroll Down and you will see an option “Move to SD card” . If you are able to select that option then that you can move apps to external SD card.
- Some of the apps won’t have these options. Leave them as it is. Transfer rest of the apps to your SD card and use your smartphone the same way as you were doing with more free Internal space in your smartphone.
- Once you have successfully moved your app to SD card, you will see the changed option as “Move to device Storage”. You can select this any time to move your app back to your internal memory.
How to move apps to SD card (Visual Guide)
Note : This tutorial is based on my Galaxy Grand Duos. Not all the apps can be moved from internal memory to SD card because some of the apps may encounter problem while running if they are moved to SD card. So only move those apps which came with an option to move.