LG has finally unveiled its premium flagship smartphone LG G2 in Indian Market. LG G2 shares the same price range as seen in smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S4, salve HTC One, treatment and Sony Xperia Z. These are the smartphone with which LG G2 would be competing.
Talking about price of LG G2 in India, it would be coming with a price tag of
41,500 RS for the 16GB version
43,500 RS for the 32GB version
The smartphone is already on the store shelves for purchasing from today.
We are here to tell you 10 things which you must know about, if you are planning to spend those thousand bucks. This will help you decide better whether to go for this deal or not. The price may seem somewhat hefty, but most of the premium smartphones falls in this range, so I would better term it to be a fair price for the features it is offering.
- LG G2 comes with 5.2inch Full True HD IPS display. The screen has got a resolution of 1920x1080pixels along with a pixel density of 424ppi. To be concise, the display quality is superb and it will never make you feel pesky.
- Talking about the Dimension, it has got a very thin bezel of 2.65mm, Overall dimension of LG G2 is 138.5mm x 70.9mm x 8.9mm, and weighs 143 grams. Almost 75 percent of the front Panel is the display.
- Ignoring the general trend of designing the hard keys in the same way as seen in most of the smartphones, LG ported them below the camera lens at the back panel. This is a new thing which is not seen in any smartphone yet. The hard keys contains Volume rockers and the Power Button. This remarkable placement gave LG G2 a complete overhaul at least for the back panel. However since we are too much acquainted now with the old placements of the buttons, it may feel pesky in the beginning before you get used to it and you become nifty. It is yet to be seen if the smartphone lovers accept this new experiment of LG happily or not.
- LG G2 has also got quick access button for the camera app and can be launched by pressing and holding the VolumeUP key. Also LG’s proprietary QuickMemo can be accessed via the long press and hold of VolumeDown key.
- LG G2 comes with a Snapdragon 800 chipset along with Krait 400 Quad Core processor. The processing speed of this device is 2.26GHz. This is enough for you to do multitasking without any glitches or hanging of the smartphone. The OS powering up LG G2 is android v4.2.2 JellyBean and we also expect that it will be getting Android v4.3 (The Last one in the JellyBean Series).
- LG G2 comes with a 13MP snapper with OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) technology. It is also capable of recording video at 60fps. You can even do video recording and image capturing simulatenously. It has also got a 2.1MP front camera capable of recording video at 30fps.
- LG G2 graphics RAM is said to be energy efficient. It comes with Adreno 330 GPU. The officials reported that it consumes 26% less energy when showing a still image compared to the others. Thus it hints us that the battery life would be increased. As per LG officials it would be increased by 10% which is considerable improvement. LG G2 is being powered by 3,000mAh of battery so I can say that you may play for a decent time with your G2 smartphone before the battery juices drains out.
- A new gesture of minimizing apps and let them work in background has been introduced in LG G2. Just swipe three fingers from right to left on the screen to do this. The app will still be working in the background. If you want the app back on the main screen, just do the reverse and swipe three fingers from left to right.
- The front panel does not have any dedicated haptic keys as home button or back button or menu button. Instead there are three on screen buttons viz. Home, Back & Tasks. You can tweak or add any other key from settings.
If you want to wake up the phone, it is not always needed to press the power button. You can do the same task by simply tapping over the screen twice. It also has a guest mode (a similar feature like the profile option introduced in Android 4.3) which restricts the apps and other data for that user.
- For the connectivity part LG G2 packs up following configuration and options
|3G/4G||HSPA (42 MbpsDL and 21 Mbps UL) LTE, Cat3, (50 Mbps UL and 100 Mbps DL)|
|WLAN||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot , DLNA|
|Bluetooth||Yes, v4.0 with LE, A2DP|
|USB||microUSB v2.0 (SlimPort), with USB On-the-go and USB Host features|
Our Take on LG G2 Smartphone
[button url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqedBhqngA8&list=PLI2ovRVl_I-cScnOqgtqnvmlBTjku6XtR" target=" _blank" style="orange" size="medium"] LG G2 Videos [/button] [button url="http://www.geekygadgetworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/LG-G2-360-degree-view.gif" target="_blank" style="green" size="medium"] LG G2 360 DegreeView [/button]
LG G2 seems to be a great option and at present offers more powerful hardware and software combo. Though it is running on Android 4.2 but it is speculated that it would be getting Android 4.3. Also LG introduced some new and interesting features in G2.
- Answer Me – Automatically answers call when brought close to ears.
- Plug and Pop – Recommends options when USB cable or earphone is detected.
- Text Link – Allows quick saving or searching by selecting the embedded information from a text message. You can save it as a note in memo or calendar or can search it over internet or map (if any location)
- QuickRemote – Enables you to control popular home entertainment device remotely.
LG G2 does not offer a plethora of new features but then it has all the features you will find on other smartphones. Hence you may put this smartphone on your option list.
LG G2 key specifications
|1080×1920 pixels||2GB||Android 4.2.2||2.1-megapixel|
Official Link & Image Sources |LG.Com