After searching for a while about anything related to Android 4.4 Kitkat and Galaxy Grand Duos, sickness I figured out a simple way how you can get the Android 4.4 launcher on your galaxy grand duos. One thing is for sure that Galaxy Grand Duos owners will not get Android 4.4 KitKat update. So this is the best way how you can give you Grand Duos the KitKat Look.
To do this you need to be on either 4.1 or 4.2 Android Version.
Download the zip folder mentioned below and get ready for Android 4.4 KitKat Skin ON your Galaxy Grand Duos.
How to install Android 4.4 Kitkat Launcher on Galaxy Grand Duos
- First download the zip folder and extract it. It will have three files named Prebuilt Gms Core.apk, drugs Velvet.apk, GoogleHome.apk
- Once you extract the files, save them into the phone memory.
- After that tap on each file to install it. First on PrebuiltGmsCore.apk. After that Velvet.apk and at last GoogleHome.apk. Now you may have trouble installing these. Just make sure that your security settings allows you to install apps from unknown location. If it gives security warning, then click on settings in the warning notification and then check mark the Unknown source option. Now the first two mentioned files may not be installed. Don’t worry. Just install the third one. Even I had the launcher running on my mobile by installing just the third one.
- Once you have installed it. Restart your Galaxy Grand Duos. After the restart, it will ask you to choose between the new launcher and Samsung TouchWiz. Choose the New Launcher and select Always. And you are done. You are now successfully running the Android 4.4 KitKat version on your Galaxy Grand Duos.
- To enable google now, On your homescreen, Tap the menu button and it will show you three options. Click on settings and then turn on “Google Now”. Once you do this, you can access Google Now by simply swiping to the left from your homescreen.
- One more thing you may do is to download the Android 4.4 KitKat default wallpaper and make it the default wallpaper. In this way, it will look more personalized for the KitKat theme.
- Once you do all this, restart your phone again.
You can use the same way to install the KitKat 4.4 launcher on any android device running on Android 4.1 or above.
Benefits of Installing This Skin
First not to forget that you get the look of latest OS. And also you will see performance enhancement of your smartphone. Ever since installing and playing for a few times, the smartphone is responding very well, with the apps launching very quickly and also Galaxy Grand Duos seems more stable.
Problems You may face:
Your battery may drain at an alarming rate. This means that in a moment your battery may drain from 90 to 78%. So once you install this and face this issue, I would suggest you to remove this.
To remove this, go to settings and then to application manager in the third tab and then touch the menu button and choose reset app preferences. After this restart the phone. It will again ask for choosing default launcher. This time, select Touchwiz UI and select always. After that head over to the same Application manager and then look for launcher, click on that and uninstall it.
Links for Downloading the needed files.