Step by Step Complete Instruction Guide on how to install Android 4.4 KitKat on Galaxy Grand Duos.
- Copy ROM zip & Gapps zip to your phone’s SD Card (Links at the end)
- Now Turn off your smartphone and enter into CWM recovery mode by pressing and holding Home button + Volume Up + Power buttons together.
- You have to hold these three buttons until you are in CWM mode
- Now perform a complete wipe
- Select Install zip from sd card and Choose downloaded ROM Zip and confirm its installation. To scroll through the options use volume up down keys and select using the power button or home button.
- Installation will take some time.
- Now you have to install Gapps in the same way you flashed ROM on your device. Do this only if you want Googe Apps on your device
- After it is completed, go back and reboot your device. Do not worry as the first reboot will take some time
Solution to Problems after installing custom ROM on your smartphone.
Phone is stuck in bootloop:
This means that your phone will keep on restarting. Reason may be becasue you did not perform a complete wipe before flashing ROM. To resolve this problem, turn off your device by pulling out your battery and then enter into CWM mode. To do so press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. After that perform a Factory reset. After that perform wipe dalvik cache. At last perform a wipe cache partition. After this your device should boot normally.
Battery percentage is not calibrated:
Best way to solve this problem is to let the battery drain to minimum capacity. After that, enter the CWM mode in the same way and locate and run the option named Wipe battery stats. After this, do not turn on the device. Charge your device for 4 to 5 hours. After this start your device again.
Extreme battery drain:
If you see a rapid battery drain rate, then follow the steps mentioned above.
In case the problem is not rectified then copy all data from your internal and external memory to your pc. After that, format internal and external memory of device. Now you may copy the data back.
For any other problem feel free to comment or if you are a member of our support forum, then drop your problems their.